The frost giant blows from the South West and heavy snow has fallen. The paths are icy and treacherous and the shingle crunches underfoot. On the saltings the pools are freezing over. There are still a few hopeful sandelings and plover working the edges and a group of lapwings flew off at my approach. From my window it looked as though there were trees floating in the sea. I rushed down to the beach to investigate this strange phenomenon. It turned out to be a trick of the light. The sun reflecting of the ice and snow made it seem as though the frozen tufts of marron grass were floating.
- Vanessas October 25, 2017
- Pretty Peach September 28, 2017
- Burrows Lecture: J.A. Baker: His life, works and legacy September 24, 2017
- ‘A Museum of Modern Nature’ September 8, 2017
- Othona Radical Writing Retreat June 27, 2017
- 1000 words on Orford Ness May 27, 2017
- A Relationship with Rock. April 27, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.